Monday 20 February 2012

From Bogart to Pattinson..


Let by-gones be by-gones

 Unlike the days of Casablanca, Rebecca, Gone With The Wind and Clockwork Orange, the films shown nowadays  are pretty basic - even a major movie buff and frequent cinema-goer like myself has to admit that - and there are not many original plots left out there. It tends to be one hype and then many films follow the same storyline.


For example, the Twilight Saga (I don't aim to offend any Fang-girls out there - I was once one myself!) boy meets girl, girl falls in love with boy, girl finds out boy is a   vampire, vampire boy has been waiting for her for eternity and blah de blah blah. In the wake of the Twi-fever epidemic we have had the likes of The Vampire Diaries and True Blood spring up on our TV's and many other vampire related films released - same storyline, different characters.

So it is always refreshing when you hear of a movie that will soon be released in Scotland and the rest of the UK that is a complete change to everything you've ever seen!!

The Hunger Games are coming soon and it'd be a severe understatement to say that I was only just excited about this! I won't give the storyline away (I've read the books - which I seriously suggest you do too!) so here is the trailer to tingle your tastebuds!
Enjoy!
p.s there's also a lot of eye candy for the ladies - I'm thinking a new R-Patz could be found amongst them!

No comments:

Post a Comment